Colour Watch: Using Brown in Interior Design
Colour Watch: Using Brown in Interior Design. We look into what the colour means and where it looks good in the home.
Brown is the colour of dark wood and rich soil. It is a composite color made by combining red, black and yellow. It is widely seen in nature, wood, soil, human hair colour, eye colour and skin pigmentation.
Brown is a serious, down-to-earth color signifying stability, protection, comfort and support. As brown is solid with strength and maturity, it is often favoured by males to use in interior design.
Colour Combo Suggestions with brown:
- Grey, metallic silver and brown for an unusual neutral look.
- Black, orange-red, off-white and brown for a strong neutral background.
- Pale pink, light brown, beige and black for a neutral art decor colour scheme.
- Light brown, citrus orange, touch of white for an earthy vibe.
- Brown, tan, bright teal creates an earthy scheme that is full of life.
- Shades of brown and a touch of grey with a dark earthy orangy red is a strong, masculine scheme.
- Dark chocolate brown as a background works great with an orangey brown and yellow, with a touch of grey adding lightness.
Where to use brown without overdoing it:
Brown bathroom vanities, drawers, cabinets and doors.
Brown kitchen stools.
Brown accent wallpaper.