Designer colour scheme: hamptons
In almost every ep of RHONY, The New York Housewives are vacationing in the prestigious Hamptons (jealous). Buckle up because we are also taking you on a luxurious coastal Hampton’s journey #yourewelcome. Though we can’t promise Luann’s tennis fling or Ramona’s Breakfast at Tiffany’s dinner, we can promise you some relaxing, welcoming and effortlessly chic Hamptons vibes #dramafree. The timeless architecture and crisp, clean interior style is inspired by white sandy beaches, clear powder blue skies, and dreamy natural light. You could say the Hamptons style is ideal for the coastal Aussie lifestyle. In fact, it fits like a (neutral, white) glove.
“Aint no party, like a Hampton’s party’ – Ramona Singer. Yep, that’s totally an undisputed fact. The Hamptons vibe has filled the pages of Vogue Living, Architectural Digest, Pinterest, and Instagram feeds worldwide. However, au-contraire to its popularity there still maintains a sense of exclusivity and elegance that adds true value to any home. In other words, it’s a très chic style that is both warm and inviting. Think of it like the Princess Di of the fashion world; elegant, sophisticated, and utterly timeless.
Calming colour palette (white, on white, on white)
So, how are we reimagining this interior style in Perth? It all starts with the perfect neutral colour palette that oozes artful tailoring and sophistication. For colour guidance, think calming neutral colours, such as Wattyl Feather Dawn or Wattyl Castle Grey, set off by Colourbond Surfmist or Shale Grey. Combined, these colours help to create a real scene of heavenly, relaxed tranquillity. Pop on your eye mask and book in your personal masseuse (AKA hubby), because you’re on Hamptons’ time now. Pair this elegant, neutral backdrop with sophisticated, warmer neutrals and breath new, modern life into the Hamptons style with black and bronze accents. This melting pot of neutral hues and contrasting accents gives Hampton’s style a fresh ambience, darling.
The external finishes – think weatherboard
The next step is the materials, and it’s all about bright white opulence. Outside, the BGC Duraplank Smooth creates that classic Hamptons weatherboard feature, designed to withstand the rugged, coastal environment while creating a sense of character and charm. Prominent Affinity White picture windows allow for stunning outdoor scenes (we recommend lining your fence with glamorous hydrangeas for added Hampton’s chicness) and abundant golden light to flood the home, while alfresco spaces in soft neutral palettes help to add a sense of style and sophistication to outdoor entertaining. Don’t forget the icemaker to keep the rosé chilled, we recommend Ramona’s excessive 120 bottle wine fridge.
How to: Hamptons Interior Styling
When it comes to Hampton’s style interiors, you must approach with a thoughtful and objective mindset (reign it in gurl, after all this style is all about simplicity and embraces natural finishes to reflect your surroundings). A balance of raw timber flooring in Elka Rustic Oak by Trevors Carpets and soft cabinetry will help to create a bright and airy space that can be dressed up or down easily with the right accessories. Jute rugs, white venetian blinds by ABC Blinds, and feature lighting complete the open plan living area.
Time to style your Hamptons retreat. We recommend cosy accessories with texture for a refined yet relaxed interior and add a splash of colour with your floral choices to shake things up. Washed linen cushions, neutral throws, vases, rustic timber furniture pieces and natural baskets will naturally transform your home into an airy sanctuary. Don’t worry smarties, sit back, and relax. We’ve done the hard #werkwerkwerk for you and from a pragmatic financial standpoint so that you can buy, like, immediately. Take a scroll, and we’ll meet you at the bottom.
Hamptons shopping list:
1. Kmart’s upholstered Timber Chair offers a classic armchair design with light grey upholstery to perfectly reflect the wattle castle grey colour base. #perfection
2. Bring the outside in (low maintenance style for those non-green-thumb gardeners) with an artificial hanging ceramic pot plant by Kmart.
3. Having this Lustigkurre natural jute basket hanging in your entryway will create an effortless ‘I just went to the farmer’s market’ Hamptons vibe.
4. Let’s be real, the loungeroom is really the kiddo’s and doggo’s domain, so your rug choice is super important! We recommend Kmart’s plush wool blend print rug. With its traditional Persian rug design and camouflaging grey base, it’s family chaos friendly.
5. The cosy Gronlid 3-seat sofa by Ikea with chaise lounge is a perfect starting point. This sofa is extra deep, soft and designed for elegant comfort.
6. And finally, the Ombre Classic Wood stool in natural by Spotlight provides a rustic, natural feel. Use this as a decorative piece for added warmth and texture.
7. Maximise the comfort of your Hampton’s abode with these Kmart grey chair pad cushions. This will contrast beautifully with your timber accents and white backdrop.
8. The cute Stilren textured white vase by Ikea will bring interest to your space, paired with a bunch of bright tulips and you’ve created a beautiful, vibrant setting.
If by now you haven’t left for Kmart, Spotlight or Ikea, keep reading! With so much to lurrve, there’s a very good reason why The Coastal Hamptons style is the first choice for the Real Housewives of NYC and many home buyer smarties. Take a look through the collection today in our glorious showroom and get ready to be excited about designing your own place from top to bottom. From summer rosés in your coastal abode to cosy winter nights spent snuggling on plush linen sofas, this style will take you and your main squeeze through the year with effortless ease.
Wanting some more style inspo? Peep our Hamptons Pinterest board to get the lewk!
Hamptons not your thing? Check out our other colour schemes.
View other looks