Budget-friendly Home Gifts
Wow smarties… It’s that time of the year again! Can you actually believe it? Yeah, me neither. It came around sooo bloody quick smart and we’re sat here wondering where the heck the month of September and October went… Between snap lockdowns, newly rolled out vaccines and shortages of imported cars to delays with building materials, we can all agree we’re looking forward to seeing what 2022 will bring. We’re crossing our fingers, toes and everything we physically can for our world to go back to a new kinda normality (and for international borders to open so we can jet off to our second homeland, Bali ofc!)
Anyhow, since we’re just coming up good this year after the hurdles we’ve been dealt, I think it’s about time we all share the luuurv by giving this Christmas. We totally get it, shopping can be an overwhelming and gruelling experience, especially when you’ve gotta rush out last minute to the hotspot of chaos (aka the shops) but it doesn’t have to be! Luckily, we’ve been blessed with this handy little tool we like to call the ‘internet’ which opens the door to ENDLESS possibilities of online shopping choices. Believe us when we say that basically every bricks-and-mortar store has its own virtual shop, which means you can avoid heaving crowds like the plague and order in the comfort of your own home with a cheeky glass of vino in hand – but make sure to upgrade to express shipping or else you’ll have to awkwardly explain to your sister the reason why she’s got zilch on Chrissie day (not fun, not fun at all).
We’ve scanned the web ourselves to bring you a totally foolproof list of gifts to light up anyone’s face on Christmas, curated with a humble hint of love from team Smart. Gift giving is totally our love-language. Even if it’s just something small, it’s a beautiful way to give back to people you love and make them feel special. So low and behold, we’ve collated a list of 10 Chrissie presents for under $250 that serve as thoughtful housewarming gifts for new home buyers and builders.
Know someone who’s shifted into their cushy new apartment? Or built their very first home? Surprise them with one of these gifts for their new home, considering moving is stressful AF and we know for sure that they’ll totes appreciate the kind gesture and probs feel over the MOON to receive something spesh that will make their house feel a lot more on the homey side (and save them $$$ to liven the place up!) You may just find a lil sumthin’ sumthin’ for yourself too because chances are you’ll fall in love with one of our picks.
So, if you’re a little stumped, we’re here to help by providing this list of ahhmazing gifts!
Gifts for Under $250:
1. Country Road Heritage Zip Canvas Tote: This stylish bag is such a treat and sooo versatile! Perfect for the gym, trips away or an overnight stay, the Country Road logo tote is functional and practical for carrying all the essentials on the go.
2. Terrazzo Style Lucca Ceramic Display Tray: This totally affordable yet luxxy looking ceramic trinket tray is perfect for popping jewellery on or as a cute styling piece.
3. Rubber Fig Potted Plant: This artificial fig plant from Adairs could totally pass as real and will work in any space of the house with zero work needed!
4. Long Beach Bar Cart: Available in a gold or black finish, this bar cart will bring class and elegance with its sleek appearance (it is right on the money, but worth it IMO).
5. A.Live Hand & Body Wash/Lotion Due: An upgraded necessary home purchase. There’s a bunch of other scents with different colours to suit the colour theme of individual homes!
6. Adairs Brad Turner Bujera Jilbi Cushion: Adair’s collab with Brad Turner just had to have a feature. This cushion is inspired by his Bundjalung Country heritage, and we’re obsessed with the earthy tones.
7. Country Road Zoe Medium Jewellery Box: An understated option to store your bling, this jewelry box is made using Ashwood timber and has four internal compartments plus a secret mirror lid.
8. Google Nest Hub 2nd Gen Smart Home Display: This beauty provides ease and tech smarts to any home, with just a command it can play videos, music, make calls and manage your busy schedule.
9. Diptyque Baies Candle: Something you wouldn’t ordinarily go out and buy for yourself, but yet serves as a perfectly lavish gift for another is this Baies candle featuring their most iconic scent.
10. Capri Dolce Vita Book: This fabulous coffee table book is inspired by the Italian island of Capri and is perfect for injecting a bit of colour into your home and sparking the inner travel bug in you.
We hope you have a very Merry Christmas smarties! xx