10 Smart Ways to Organise your Wardrobe
Clean up your act in time for summer with these practical accessories for your wardrobe to make organisation even easier.
To begin cleaning out a messy closet, first things first – take every single thing out of it. A clean, well-organised wardrobe (instead of a confusing, jumbled mess of clothes and accessories) means you will maximise all of your purchases and come up with polished, carefully considered outfits on even the most hectic of mornings.
Here are 10 Smart Ways to Organise your Wardrobe:
1. Declutter. It might not be easy, but tossing out or donating old clothes is key to making room in your wardrobe.
2. Store your most used items at eye level, your less-used items below eye level and then your very least-used items up high.
3. Combine different storage units to fit your different needs: drawers for folded items, hangers for dresses and suits, and boxes for odds and ends.
4. Use coordinated hangers for a clean, consistent look that will take care of your clothes and help keep you organised.
5. Use an umbrella stand or decorative bucket to hold items like umbrellas, hats or yoga mats .
6. Utilise shelf dividers to keep folded clothes or accessories neat.
7. Take advantage of vertical space (above and below the closet rod) to store more.
8. Use stackable laundry baskets for easy sorting, which you can also carry to the laundry.
9. Move out of season clothes out of sight to under your bed or in boxes high in your wardrobe.
10. Colour code your wardrobe to make finding items (especially based on your mood that day) easier and faster.
Hat Tip to Apartment Therapy
Featured Image: The Ambitionista
Header Image: ZMalf Fashion
Homes with your
smarts at heart
Sure, we’re the Perth home builders with ‘All the Smarts’, but it’s your smarts that make all the difference. We’re just here to make your new home happen, with expertise, super-smart processes, juicy cost efficiencies, and cuddles - if you’re into that kinda thing.