So, 2018 is the year for a new home? Noice! Whether you are buying your first home or moving into a new house in a different suburb, one thing’s for sure: exciting times are ahead.
Oh, and options. There are lots of those too. So let’s talk about them, huh. Some people prefer to buy an established home, that’s move in ready. While others *cough us* like to custom-build a home from the ground up. It all depends on – you guessed it – YOU, plus all those little thangs’ called hopes, dreams, needs, wants and budget. Gulp.
Both options have their advantages, but there is one that combines the best of both worlds: house and land packages in Perth’s new hot spot estates. Yep, it sounds goooooood, and in practice is even better. Why? Well if you’re a savvy first home buyer, there are big wins. Particularly when it comes to getting the finance together for a first home. Plus, WA first home buyers are exempt from stamp duty when they package house and land together. (Thanks gov!)
So, when it comes to Perth’s house and land hot spots, here’s the Top 5 Perth Suburbs for House and Land Packages that rule the roost, and our heart!
Alkimos, North of the River
- Located right on the shore of our beautiful Indian ocean coast, Alkimos has everything you need – right at your doorstep. The beachside suburb offers uninterrupted views across the ocean and is packed with all the daily necessities. Think: day-care centres, medical centres, cafes, restaurants, a tonne of green space, and walking and cycling paths.
- With the proposed extension of Mitchell Freeway and a rail link to major centres nearby, Alkimos is fast-becoming the new heart of the north and one of WA’s most sought after residential locations.
- The community also boasts 4 established schools in the area and child care facilities.
- There are future plans for an Alkimos-Eglinton Satellite City which, when complete, will include hospitals, tertiary educational institutions, major retail, commercial and recreational facilities. Talk about a town on the rise!
See Smart Homes for Living’s range of House & Land Packages in Alkimos.
Find your dream Home Design for your package!
Ellenbrook, North of the River
- You’ll find Ellenbrook right in the centre of Swan Valley, aka wine country, so you just *know* the weekends will be booked up by award-winning vineyards visits, idyllic picnic lunches and lots of family-friendly memory making. The combination of romantic rural loveliness and urban town centre action is what makes Ellenbrook pretty unique and pretty spesh.
- So, what’s in and around this town centre we speak of? 8 Primary and 5 High schools for starters, 33,000 m2 of shopping centres, some serious sports and fitness facilities (tennis, netball, basketball, cricket, skating, and BMX), a water park, adventure playgrounds – yes, there are multiple – and plenty of open spaces. Don’t be surprised when your kids add another hobby or six to their after-school schedules! #sorrynotsorry.
- With all these pluses it’s no wonder Ellenbrook is becoming an investors’ paradise. Location Smarties have been snapping up house and land in Ellenbrook for nearly 20 years now, resulting in over 30,000 residents (and success stories)! Getting FOMO just thinking about it? It’s not too late to buy into this ever-expanding suburb… You’re just one smart package away. Hint hint.
See Smart Homes For Living’s range of House & Land Packages in Ellenbrook.
Find your dream Home Design for your package!
Baldivis, South of the River
- Life in Baldivis is shiny and new thanks to a bounty of new estates and amenities. There’s a new library, new community centre, new shopping mall – new everything, really. Baldivis doesn’t just tick the boxes though, it smashes them out of the park. For example, that mall we just mentioned – it houses over 80 outlets. Yes, way! So you’ll never be far away from a new outfit, a new place for dinner, or spot to catch up with friends.
- The suburb is perfectly set up for future families too, with nine schools in Baldivis plus more opening in the near future.
- Did we mention it’s set in nature, just 40 minutes south of the Perth CBD, and zippy 10 minutes from the coast? Well now we are.
- The Kwinana Freeway runs through Baldivis, providing peasy access to Perth and Bunbury, not to mention the lush wine country that lies just beyond. Safety Bay Road links Baldivis with neighbouring suburbs to the west, including Rockingham and Warnbro.
See Smart Homes For Living’s range of House & Land Packages in Baldivis.
Golden Bay, South of the River
- With a stunning Indian Ocean frontage, Golden Bay has the looks and the goods.
- Poised between the commercial centres of Mandurah and Rockingham, work and shopping are never far away, and neither is Perth City or Fremantle (50 mins goes fast if you’re pumping out Spotify).
- Plus, compared to its pricy neighbours, it’s affordable. Just keep that on the down low though, k?! Some peeps might get jealous…And that’s before they find out about the access to new primary school, secondary schools, and community amenities.
- Future plans include a local Neighbourhood Activity Centre with speciality stores, quality services and facilities.
Forrestfield, South of the River
- Forrestfield is located right at the base of the Darling Scape, only 15 km south east of Perth.
- Adjacent to Kalamunda and close to Perth Airport, it’s a suburb with the best of both worlds: untouched Australian nature and modern facilities. Score.
- Families rejoice! There are four primary schools and a high school, plus an indoor sports stadium, 18-hole golf course, and even an equestrian centre bound to keep the little ones busy.
- Shopping more your thing? The Forrestfield Forum and Marketplace have a braggable 52 stores including a Coles and Woolies. So whether it’s cake, kale or new kicks you’re after, it’s all there. Tick, tick and tick. Yep, this City of Kalamunda suburb has earned its place on our list of house and land hotspots.
See Smart Homes For Living’s range of House & Land Packages in Forrestfield.
Originally posted 13 June 2016, updated for 2018!